Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sometimes, I Get Crafty...

Every once in a while, I get the urge to make something.  I have tons of ideas swirlin' around in my head all the time, but finding the time to put these crafts into motion is hard, sometimes impossible, but quite rewarding when I am able to follow a thought through.

Let me start by saying, I love tutus!  I love seeing little girls with poofy skirts!  These days there are many variations of the tutu; long ones, short ones, multi-colored ones, etc...

Recently, I tried my hand at making tutus and I should say, it was SO easy!  I used a very simple method that really just involves making a loop and feeding the tulle through to make a knot.  One of these days, I'll post a step-by-step tutorial, but for now, I just want to get a few pics up so you can see what I'm talking about.  Here are a few of my newest creations:


What I like best about these tutus is that they are reversible!   One side has more black that shows and the other has less.  :)  

I plan to make several of these babies to bring with me to craft fairs/shows and some of the hippie shows I go to each summer in hopes to make a few bucks from my efforts.  

First, I just have to find a good site that sells bolts of tulle relatively cheap.  If you know of a where I should go, please leave me a comment with the URL!  I'll forever be in debt to you!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Until next time... Happy Twirlin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment