Friday, April 8, 2011

Shopping for Undergarments for Little Girls

Yesterday I dragged my little lady, who is all of 9 years old, off to Walmart to purchase undergarments.  "L" is just starting to show signs of needing a little extra coverage, especially now that warmer weather is coming and clothing garments are being made with thinner fabric. 

So, there we were in the girl's section looking at undergarments for little girls and I was appalled!  Most of the bras that were available had padding! PADDING FOR A 9 YEAR OLD?  Why would that be necessary?  Why in the world would that be acceptable?  WHAT THE HELL??? 

I do NOT believe it is necessary for little girls to have padding of ANY sort in their undergarments!  I don't want my little girl to be walking around with her elementary school classmates with Dolly Parton boobies!  EVER!

As a mom, I am seriously pissed about this.  Apparently it isn't enough for little girls to develop sooner these days, but now clothing manufacturers are padding their unmentionables too?  Please, someone tell me why this is!!!

After standing in the undergarment section for well over 15 minutes stewing about the added padding, we ("L" & I) finally walked away with a package of sports bras.  These weren't the style that I was originally hoping to get for "L", but at least I know she won't be walking around with padding at only NINE YEARS OLD!  

So, I have a message for Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, & any other clothing manufacturing company making undergarments for little girls:  GET A CLUE! These are little girls you are marketing to!  Low self esteem is already at an all time high... do you honestly have to add to it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment