Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yesterday I Helped Chaperone A Field Trip

I haven't chaperoned a field trip or anything in years.  Not since before my daughter started going to elementary school, she'll be heading into 4th, so when presented with the opportunity to chaperone a field trip with my daughter's summer program to Magic Wings, a butterfly conservatory (Can I get a "woohoo"?), I knew I just had to do it.  (Assuming I could get the day off, of course!  Which by the way, panned out in my favor.)

So, chaperone a field trip, I did.  And really, it wasn't all that bad.  There were a lot of kids, so it was a bit noisy, but I was only assigned three kids, one of them being my own lovely "L".  So, really, two kids.  Both of whom were really well behaved, so I felt privileged!  (Plus it helped that they were a few of the older kids in the group.)

The butterfly conservatory is a little over an hour away from where we are located, so after the ride, we went right in to see the butterflies.  According to the "guide" there is usually 3,000 butterflies at any given time and trust me when I say they were everywhere!  You could not turn around without have a butterfly flutter either right in your face or right past you.  It's truly incredible.  


So, instead of trying to explain the experience to you, I hope to be able to show you using a few pictures that I took.










Oh and there are coy fish too!  -- We also spotted a few different birds; quail, parrots, & other small birds.

Isn't it so lovely!  There were what felt like millions of butterflies, all over the place.  I simply adore this place.  A few of the kids weren't so eager to be any where near some of the bigger butterflies, but most of them enjoyed the butterfly conservatory just as much as I did!

Truth be told, I've been here before... several times actually, and I enjoy it every time!  Do you have a local (or semi-local) butterfly conservatory?   If so, I recommend visiting!  It's a lot of fun!

Until next time... keep fluttering...

No comments:

Post a Comment