Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday - The Changing Seasons...

I may have mentioned that Summer is my favorite season...or maybe I haven't.  Either way, it is!  Living in the northeast, it's the only time of the year that I really enjoy to the fullest.  Green grass, warm weather, sunshine, etc... I love it all!

However, with that said, I have to confess that Halloween is my favorite holiday... and well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Autumn!  Mostly, I love the colors of Autumn; burgundy, dark reds, purples, oranges, brownes, etc...   These colors just seem rich, warm, and inviting to me, even though I know it means cooler nights and shorter days are ahead.  *sigh*

Truthfully, I really think it's Halloween that gets me through... I love the thrill of decorating my house, dressing up, and going to Halloween parties (or hosting our own)!  I think about Halloween months before it even arrives.  I spend the better part of the year thinking about decorating ideas; ways to make my house and yard look spookier than last year. 

So, here we are, about two months away from my favorite holiday!  I can already feel the anticipation building as I plot out my Halloween plans!  Stores have started to stock Halloween/Autumn decorations and different online sites have started posting deals... It's so exciting!  So, of course when I headed over to Etsy.com today, I was momentarily speechless when I saw all the amazing Halloween things they had displayed on their homepage!  I mean, seriously, did they know I was going to visit their site today?  Do they know about my obsession?  They must, because they shoved it right in my face!  LOL...and I loved it! ;)

Here are a few Halloween scenes/decoration/ideas that I just simply adore:


Ok, in an effort to not overwhelm you, I won't continue... but seriously, just know that I love Halloween! 

So, although I'm a quite sad that Summer is coming to an end and quickly, as each morning seems cooler than the last, I'm happy to know that Halloween is right around the corner! 

So tell me, what is your favorite season/holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment