Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So Glad I Went To The Gathering Of The Vibes!


I almost didn't go... not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't really afford to dump the money for a weekend festival. 

I went last year, and between the ticket price, food, drinks, and gas money, I probably spent well above $300, possibly $400.  A pretty good chunk of change for just a weekend get-away (without my kids).  Now, don't get me wrong, I had a blast; the festival was awesome and I spent the whole weekend with my old best friend from highschool, so I couldn't complain one little bit, but really, that's a lot of money!

This year, I knew I really wanted to go, but I kept putting off buying the ticket.  My BFF, Gloria, and I had made a promise last year that we would make this festival our yearly thing, no matter what.  But, as much as I knew I wanted to go, I couldn't.  As I watched the ticket prices inch upwards from the "early bird price" to the "get it at the gate" price, I knew I was in trouble.  I just didn't have the money to blow this year.  (Having 2 mortgage payments & all the other bills inbetween made it impossible)  I felt like I was letting my friend down... we both keep talking about how much fun it would be, and then I dropped the ball... big time!

I finally confessed to Gloria that I couldn't afford it.  I was backing out.  She even offered to pay for the ticket and I could pay her back...but that still sounded so expensive to me.  And then, just two weeks ago, I sent her a message through facebook saying that I was sorry about not having the money to go...and she was totally okay with it... she had even picked up a few shifts at work since she wasn't going to be going to the festival now... but then told me that she was going to just go to the Vibes on Sunday... "Oh," I said... "that's cool, glad you are still going". BUT then it hit me!  Wait, I want to go!  I really want to go!  I want to see my friend and I want to enjoy part of the Vibes with her! 

So, I looked up the day passes online... only $40!  WOW, that's a steal.  AND, Connecticut residents got an even better deal at $20!  (Since Gloria is a CT resident, this was good news!)  So, I did the math in my head, and figured that between gas and the ticket, I would probably be able to make it, as long as I didn't spend much more than $100.  So, I wrote her back and told her to count me in.  "I'm coming to the show with you!"  And I did! 

The very best part (aside from spending the day with my bff)?  When we got to the ticket booth  table and showed our IDs, they counted me in as a CT resident.  BOOYA BABY!  $20 ticket!  Boy was I stoked!  Now, I had a little wiggle room incase I wanted to buy something to eat or something to take home as a souvenir!  THANK YOU to the kind girl at the ticket table, you made me a happy Viber!

So, even though we didn't spend the 4 days on the lot like we had originally planned from the year before, we did spend Sunday there and we had a fabulous time!  We laughed, listened to music, laughed some more, and had the best time!  And we promised to put aside money to do it all again next year... but bigger and better... we're totally going for the whole weekend! 

So, when I say I'm glad I went, well, as you can see, I'm really glad I went!  The Gathering of the Vibes is one of the best fesitvals that I've been to!  I'm not sure exactly what makes it so great for me ... I mean, it could be the time I get to spend with my dear friend, could be that the festival has been next to the ocean (sort of) for the past two years and I love the water, could be the vibes or the music that just soothes my soul...I don't know... could have been the roses... either way, I'm hooked! 


Gathering of the Vibes - Main Stage

Enjoying the Vibes!  :)

Until next year... ♥  Keep on keepin' on...

No comments:

Post a Comment