Sunday, May 15, 2011

Design Idea for Cherry St. - Kitchen Edition

You may or may not know, but about a year ago, I bought a house.  I haven't moved into this house, no...it's been vacant for a year, not including the year it was on the market -- so technically, it's been vacant for two years.

Anyway, when I bought the place, it was almost move in ready.  I just wanted to change a few things and then I thought I would be able to move in.  Well, an unfortunate event of bursting pipes caused a whole mess of problems and now, it's under repair.  Let's just say that the kitchen and bathroom downstairs now both need a serious overhaul to be acceptable.

For quite some time, I've been looking at my kitchen wondering what the heck I should do.  What design theme should I go with?  Up until today, I just really couldn't decide, and the truth is, I am not in love with the current color of the cabinets.  There is just something about the honey tone stain color that does NOTHING for me.  If anything it reminds me of a country kitchen, and that's the last color palette I would choose.  I love dark cabinets and usually lean more towards a nice dark cherry or espresso colored stain.  And then I came across this design idea on HGTV.com and I was instantly sold!



How wonderful is this!  I adore it!  Black cabinets, a nice white wainscoting back splash and I think I would go with a nice warm brown tone granite counter top!  Combining this design concept with a few red items (sort of like the flowers in the image) for visual contrast will bring it all together for me!  I'm so in love with this look and can't wait to see it completed in my house!

And, it also creates an excuse to get new dishes, which I've been wanting to do for quite some time!

2 comments:

  1. Glorious read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. I'd also encourage everybody to bookmark this page to your favorite service to assist spread the word. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorraine! I appreciate your kindness! :)

    ReplyDelete