Thursday, March 24, 2011

I thought...

I thought this blog would be easy... I thought once I set it up the words would flow from my mind through my fingers, like the sands of time through an overturned hourglass, and I would never sit idly wondering what to write. 

I was wrong.  So very wrong. 

I've pulled up this posting text box a gazillion times since my first post (two days ago), only to find myself critiquing every single thing I've wanted to post about.  I suppose that's the perfectionist in me.

Since I really don't have a following, one would think this would be a no brainer -- just write what you want!  Chances are no one will see it (for now anyway), but my cautious being won't allow me to post about just anything.  I go through this culling process where a full idea gets cut in half, then culled again, until all I'm left with is a sentence or less... a whispering thought of what once was. 

I've started, I've deleted, started again, edited, deleted, started again... and so forth... only to find days have gone by and I haven't posted a thing.  Not a thing.

So, now that I've identified that, I have no reason to sit idly.  I have a story to tell.  And this is the result of my indecisive mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment